Monday 5 August 2013

The Sulimans in Singapore

Hello Hello :)

This is LONG overdue post about my recent (well not that recent) trip to Singapore and I literally don’t know where to start. I’m not much of a writer (or much of a photographer LOLz) but travelling has become a big part of my life and excluding it from my blog would completely defeat the purpose since it is called “My life as Nas”.

There are so many places on my Travel list and I must admit that Singapore wasn’t very high up there. Le husband and I originally planned to go to Istanbul but due to flight overbooking, we ended up with booking flights to Singapore, 3 days before we were scheduled to leave. (Options are pretty limited when you require a destination at such short notice when you’re a South African passport holder)

We arrived at Changi Airport just before midnight and didn’t know what to expect at all. I had imagined the airport to be as busy and lively as Bangkok’s main airport but Changi had let my imagination down. We arrived to a relatively empty airport with an even quieter train station since the train service ends at 11:30. I was soooo impressed (Insert sarcastic tone here) I’m very apprehensive about using taxi’s in foreign countries because it can be very expensive and quite unsafe with taxi scams being on the rise in many countries. Since we hadn’t booked hotel transfers and didn’t have an alternative mode of transport, we made our way to the taxi stand and hoped for the best.

Our taxi driver was such a pleasant elderly man filled with enthusiasm for his “South African passengers”. Before our little commute to our hotel, Ridhwaan and I had not had much of an itinerary planned but that quickly changed as soon as the conversation with our taxi driver started.

Singapore is a relatively small country so we managed to explore so many places in a short space of time. 6 days was more than enough to see everything that interested us with ample time to spare to visit our favourite sights more than once. The country is rich in diversity and boasts a large Indian, Chinese, Malay and Arab population. This is evident through towns called “little India”, Chinatown, Bugis and the “Arab section”. There are so many mosques, churches and various Hindu, Chinese and Buddhist temples throughout Singapore which reminds me a lot of South Africa because of our religious diversity.

Little India


Arab Section

China Town & Chinese Garden


Orchard Road & Marina Bay Sands


Sentosa

Overall I had an amazing touristy trip with my love. For once, I opted to go site seeing over shopping which is definitely a milestone for me. Although I did sneak in a few gorgeous buys along the way ;) I’ll share those with you in future outfit posts.

I would love to hear (or read) about your travels. Which countries are on your travel list? Any places you’ve visited that were an out of this world experience?
Xoxo
Nas

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I still want to go to Singapore.

    Mel
    Mel's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much:) you definitely should visit Singapore! Its a beautiful country.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate every page view, comment & follow