Wednesday 16 January 2013

The perfect Brogue

I had 2 items I was dying to wear on Sunday: linen shorts gifted by my sister Cleo (My other sisters name is Alexia. I just noticed that I never ever referred to them by name in any of my posts???) & my handmade brogues I bought while on holiday in Cape Town last year... My luck had it that the 2 items I insisted on wearing actually went quite well together (In my opinion of course :)

I absolutely love these brogues & yes they too have a story which I will insist on sharing lol. I bought these beauties at MEMEME, a boutique on Long Street (also in Parkhurst in Johannesburg) that stock amazing bold fashion from some of thee best designers In S.A. Any fashionista can vouch for that. (You can find more information about MEMEME here) After I had spotted these perfectly crafted gems, I immediately pictured them filling a NOT SO empty space in my closet. At that point, I had already lost the battle to my shopaholic alter ego, before even knowing the price. After paying for these shoes, the actual shoe maker made a trip to the store to bring different laces and I almost kicked myself! This shoe maker was the tailor I had walked past some few blocks before Long Street. Had I known that this man was the actual show maker of these perfect brogues, I would’ve begged him to sell me 2 pairs for the price MEMEME charges for a pair. You win some and you lose some I guess.

Top with flower detail front Mr Price| Brogues MEMEME| Linen shorts Gift from my sis| Belt Taken from a work dress I haven’t worn as yet... oops!| Arm candy Mr Price & Sass Diva| earrings Gift from my sis

4 comments:

  1. Love those brogues... And the way you styled them!
    Thanks for the blog love doll, means so much! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment. :) New to blogging so I'm not on bloglovin and don't know what GFC is lol? I feel so silly but please let me know what GFC is? *covers my eyes in embarrassment*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit!! Very cute brogues:-) http://divadesle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks Desle ;)Glad you like it

      XOXO
      Nas

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate every page view, comment & follow